Then Aix-en-Provence is the ideal destination for you. And if you want to discover the best kept secrets of the city, what better way than to travel through the eyes of Échappées Belles in Aix en Provence with Rose et Marius.
Are you looking for an idyllic city, rich in history, culture and gastronomy?
Why read our article?
On the program: historical monuments, unique culinary experiences and many other favorites to share with you! And to top it all off, we offer you the opportunity to participate in our exclusive perfume creation workshops. So, ready to discover Aix-en-Provence in an unforgettable way?
Rose et Marius X Échappées Belles*
Échappées Belles on France 5 chose Magali Fleurquin-Bonnard, the creator of Rose et Marius as her guide in Aix en Provence. Because Magali is not only a lover of Provence in general but of Aix in particular. This is why our exclusive Haute Parfumerie creations often refer to a Provencal inspiration 🙂
Magali, accompanied by Ismaël the show’s host, presented her most secret corners of this idyllic city. A discovery of historical monuments, unique culinary experiences and memorable moments. Thanks to their trip, we can now travel through their eyes and discover Aix-en-Provence in an unforgettable way.
Want to relive this moment? It’s here: roseetmarius.com
And Aix-en-Provence in all this?
The Rose et Marius boutique is located in the beautiful city of Aix en Provence. Conceived as the family bastide in Provence, which inspired the designer, this boutique, a unique location in the city center across from Hermès, is now a true destination for visitors to Aix en Provence. The city is particularly famous for its unique charm, rich historical heritage, vibrant culture and delicious cuisine. Known for its cobblestone streets, majestic fountains and historic buildings, the city exudes history and tradition. Aix-en-Provence is also known for its lively artistic life, colorful markets and numerous restaurants serving authentic Provencal cuisine. In addition, the city is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. All in all, Aix-en-Provence is a jewel of Provence, not for nothing is it the capital of Provence, offering a unique experience for visitors seeking discovery, history and culture.
Our favorites from Aix
It is by going off the beaten track that we discover certain nuggets. Addresses still kept secret. Stroll through the narrow streets of Provence and discover our best addresses.
In Echappées belles, on France 5, we saw Magali strolling with Ismaël on her favorite market on the Place Richelme. A culinary jewel of the city of Aix-en-Provence, which is proud of its emblematic daily market. Since the 14th century, market gardeners have gathered here to sell their fresh, seasonal produce directly. Each morning, the vibrant market of agricultural products attracts locals and visitors from around the world in search of unique culinary experiences. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover the unique charm of Place Richelme on your next visit to Aix-en-Provence and touch the snout of the famous boar statue, a copy of Florence, which is said to have the power to make you return to Aix-en-Provence!
Aix, a city of culture, is not only a place where artists come to create and be inspired like the famous painter Cezanne, a true Aix icon, it is also a city that houses sublime historical buildings. This brings us to our second favorite: the Hôtel de Caumont.
When one mentions the prestigious city of Aix-en-Provence, thoughts inevitably turn to its sumptuous fountains (Aix is nicknamed the city of a thousand fountains!), its talented artists, its history rich in culture and traditions, but also, of course, its famous Calissons.
You can taste the calissons as in Echappées Belles at Léonard Parli. A true institution of the confectionery since 1874, the store of Aix en Provence is recognized for the quality of its speciality, the Calisson d’Aix, but also for its candied fruits, its chocolates, its nougats and its other traditional Aix sweets.
Exceptional ingredients for a traditional Provencal confectionery which has conquered the whole world thanks to its historical prestige, its superior quality ingredients, as well as its timeless ancestral recipe. Gourmandise and refinement are the watchwords of this delicate pastry, which is made of a royal ice-cream decoration and combines the delicate flavors of sweet Provencal almond and candied melon, with a touch of candied orange to enhance its taste. The characteristic tapered shapes of the calissons de Provence are recognized by some as an almond, others as a boat, others still as a chalice or a simple diamond. Whatever the chosen shape, it has remained unchanged for centuries, and we find this characteristic shape in other famous Provencal specialties, such as the navette marseillaise, which would be a tribute to the boat on which the Holy Maries would have traveled to arrive in Provence.
The aperitif: it is the cult activity of Provence. Indeed, drinking a glass of rosé wine is one of the small pleasures of Provence. Magali took Ismaël to the Henri Bonnaud’s castle surrounded by a vineyard near Aix en Provence in Palette. This is our favorite rosé wine and it is this very special rosé wine aged in oak barrels that inspired us to create our iconic rosé wine fragrance. We have decided to honor it and to propose a wine & fragrance workshop that allows you to discover our 3 favorite rosé wines with a blind test and a lot of useful information to know to become untouchable in rosé wine of Provence 😉 As a gift, leave with our rosé wine scented soap, grape seed scrub, personalized with your first name! This workshop can be done in French or English upon reservation email@example.com
It’s by going off the beaten path that we discover certain nuggets. Addresses that are still kept secret. Stroll through the narrow streets of Provence and discover our best addresses.
A tourist point
Aix-en-Provence, a city worthy of its illustrious streets and rich cultural heritage, is also known for its lively streets and vibrant neighborhoods. Visitors will discover a unique blend of historic architecture, luxurious shopping centers and charming sidewalk cafés.
Our favorite places
- The unmissable Cours Mirabeau, considered one of the most beautiful boulevards in the world, is the beating heart of the city. It is lined with hundred-year-old plane trees and fountains that add a touch of greenery and pleasure to its many bars, restaurants and terraces. In the evening, the nightlife is lively and tourists can enjoy live music, high-end cocktails and the brilliant decoration of the establishments.
- The La Rotonde neighborhood, located not far from the Cours Mirabeau, also offers a wide range of lively bars, restaurants and shops. This area is particularly popular for its lively evenings and conviviality. In addition, the cobbled streets and pretty shaded squares attract strollers looking to relax and shop.
- For a quieter evening, the Saint-Sauveur Cathedral district is the ideal place. It is famous for its cobblestone streets, small squares and restaurants serving local cuisine. Visitors can sit in the shadow of the imposing cathedral and enjoy a relaxing moment in a peaceful environment.
- Finally, the Place des Quatre-Dauphins area is the most lively in the summer, when bars and terraces offer lively evenings under the stars. Tourists can enjoy delicious cocktails and fine food while taking in the view of the central fountain and the surrounding cobblestone streets.
And culture in all this?
To see again the contemporary dance company, of which Magali is a big fan, presented in Échappées Belles, it happens at the Pavillon Noir. It is a place entirely dedicated to dance in Aix-en-Provence, with four studios and a theater. It houses the Ballet Preljocaj since 2006 and offers a year-round program for all audiences. Resolutely contemporary, the Ballet Preljocaj, National Choreographic Center, has about fifty creations, 24 permanent dancers and gives an average of 110 performances per year in France and around the world. Coming to Aix en Provence is the perfect opportunity to come and see this grandiose ballet!
The Rose et Marius workshops
Do like Ismael and come create your own perfume! Rose et Marius, a house of exceptional perfumes in Provence and an expert in the creation of olfactory signatures, offers custom perfume creation workshops in the heart of the Provencal bastide of Aix en Provence. Come and learn about the world of Haute Parfumerie and become a perfumer for a day!
- The workshop to create your own custom-made perfume for tiles to be scented. We will introduce you to 14 fragrances, then you will learn how to compose your own scented creation for your interior that will be used to perfume a tile. Ideal to perfume your car, cupboard, closets, suitcase…
- The workshop of creation of your custom-made eau de parfum 75 ml. We will introduce you to 18 fragrances, then teach you how to compose your own refillable eau de parfum.
- The Rose et Marius perfume bar. You will be greeted by the Rose et Marius saleswoman who will help you choose 3 notes that will compose your home fragrance. Once you have chosen the notes, you will validate them with the help of a perfume button. Then the saleswoman will prepare your composition inside the Rose et Marius pouch to take home.Vous voulez découvrir le parfum d’Ismaël n°5 Celui créé lors de l’émission? Rose et Marius vous le propose ici : le parfum d’intérieur Ismael n°5
How to register for the workshops?
To register for the workshops, nothing could be easier. You must make an appointment either by phone at 04 42 35 14 88. Or you can buy your workshop directly on our website roseetmarius.com.
We look forward to sharing our passion with you!
Then relive our “Échappées Belles”…
Pack your bags and come to Aix en Provence to discover this extraordinary city, which welcomes each year 1.5 million visitors, with a unique charm.
Rose et Marius is waiting for you at 3 rue Thiers in Aix en Provence 😉
*famous television program in France broadcast on France 5